OneGoal is a growing college persistence organization that identifies, trains and supports our nation’s most effective teachers to lead historically under-served high school students to reach their full potential and graduate from college. “We won’t stop until every young person in America has a real opportunity to earn a college degree and the life that goes with it.” – OneGoal
Volunteer Opportunity for an upcoming virtual essay coaches conference:
- Title: OneGoal-Houston: Essay Coaches Conference (Virtual)
- Volunteers will virtually review essays written by OneGoal Fellows and provide productive feedback.
- Who: Volunteers who are interested in providing written feedback and virtual support will be assigned to 3 or 4 students, with the option of taking on more if they would like.
- What: volunteers will review student essays and provide them with individualized feedback using Google docs, we estimate about 15-20 minutes per essay, which means about 1 hour of their time (+ the training which is also an hour)
- When: April 24th- May 5th
- Where: Google Hangout for training, Google Drive for essay- (virtual)
- How: Visit OneGoal Engagement Survey to sign up to volunteer.
- Step 1: Volunteers will attend a short virtual training.
- Step 2: Our Program Directors (Teachers) will email the essays to volunteers based on their assigned students.
- Step 3: Students will revise essays based on feedback received from volunteers.