Buffalo Bayou Park has over 160 acres of beautiful scenery, hiking and bike trails, dog park, and also provides a great outdoor area for many visitors. Volunteers often help with removing invasive plants, clearing trash and debris, and helping at special events.
Individual Volunteer Opportunities:
- Community-Wide Volunteer Day – Volunteers complete a variety of tasks needed to maintain Buffalo Bayou Park. Events are held on the 3rd or 4th Saturday of each month. Volunteers will be assigned to small groups and spread throughout the park.
- Johnny Steele Dog Park – Volunteers help keep the large and small dog parks clean by making sure pet owners are picking up after their dogs. Volunteers are needed on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.
- Trash Pickup – Volunteers collect trash and debris during your walk through the park. Stop by either the Lost Lake or the Wortham Insurance Visitor Centers to pick up a trash bag to get started.
- Special Events –
- Buffalo Bayou Partnership (BBP) Regatta – Volunteers help with registration and check-in, direct vehicular and boat traffic, and set up/tear down finish line festivities.
- KBR Kids Day – Volunteers help with check-in, set up and tear down, help direct families to event location, distribute BBP materials, and lead children’s activities
- Office Work – On occasion, BBP will need volunteer assistance with a large mailing, filing, and other administrative work.
Want to volunteer?: All volunteers will need to read and sign a waiver prior to volunteering with Buffalo Bayou Partnership. Volunteers can fill out the volunteer waiver here. For questions, please contact Volunteer Coordinator, Leticia Sierras, at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on volunteering, please read the volunteering policies and frequently asked questions at Buffalo Bayou Park Volunteer Information Packet
Facebook: Buffalo Bayou Facebook Page